The slide sleeve type of arm incorporates a slide sleeve assembly that telescopes in and out to adjust for variations in the distance from the loading rack to the hauling vehicle. It is used primarily in small bulk plants and terminals for top loading gasoline, fuel oil, or other petroleum products. This durable, dependable and cost effective loading arm is time tested as a practical method of locating the drop tube accurately and easily.
The slide sleeve is a medium duty unit designed for flow rates up to 15 ft/sec (4.5m/sec). Higher flow rates may tend to push the inner tube out beyond the loading point.
- Typically supplied with female threaded inlet connections in 2″ size (A-32), with 150lb. ASME flanged inlet in 3″ and 4” sizes (A-32-F)
- Both torsion spring balanced and counterweighted slide sleeve arms are available
- Available in 2″, 3″, and 4″ sizes
- Good for applications where the vehicle type varies
- Telescoping primary arm
- Deadman-type loading valve