OPW Bottom Loading Arm Systems offer numerous benefits over conventional top loading:
- Safety of the person operating the loading arm is the prime advantage since the operator remains on the ground, not on top of the vehicle where falls are a common threat.
- Connections are made more quickly so overall loading time is reduced.
- Bottom loading systems create less turbulence in the tank, reducing the danger of generating static electricity.
- Bottom loading not only reduces vapors, which can be an environmental hazard, but this system can also be easily adapted to fully recover vapors displaced during loading.
- Speed is a key advantage of bottom loading because tanks can be filled faster and a number of compartments can be loaded simultaneously.
Bottom loading islands are simpler and cheaper to build than top loading racks. You can realize more savings because you’ll safely load more material in a shorter time with less spillage and vapor loss. OPW offers a complete line of equipment for efficiently loading and unloading petroleum products, chemicals, and liquefied gases.